COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Resources
- California Department of Public Health
- California Department of Education (CDE)
- School at Home Resource Site
August 28, 2020
Subject: Learning Continuity & Attendance Plan Survey
Dear Families of Lake View Charter School,
Lake View Charter School hopes this message finds you and your family in good health. As a result of the current pandemic, the State is asking schools to describe how they are meeting student needs, including access to technology (whether a personal device or that which can be ordered via EOS). Your feedback is important and thus appreciate your willingness to complete a related questionnaire by September 1st, 2020. Please click on the following hyperlink to access this questionnaire: Family Survey
For more information regarding the requirements for the Learning Continuity and Attendance Plan, please click on the following link: Background Information about the LCP
In addition, we will be hosting a Zoom Q&A on Monday, August 31st at 2:30 pm to answer any questions you may have regarding this request. The link information is below:
Join Zoom Meeting
Thank you for your participation!
Lake View Charter School espera que este mensaje te encuentre a ti y a tu familia en buena salud. Como resultado de la pandemia actual, el Estado está pidiendo a las escuelas que describan cómo están satisfaciendo las necesidades de los estudiantes, incluido el acceso a la tecnología (ya sea un dispositivo personal o el que se puede pedir a través de EOS). Sus comentarios son importantes y por lo tanto aprecian su disposición a completar un cuestionario relacionado antes del 1 de septiembre de 2020. Por favor, haga clic en el siguiente hipervínculo arriba donde dice para acceder https://forms.gle/7bShHpuogu8Z1UDb7 a este cuestionario: Encuesta familiar Para obtener más información sobre los requisitos para el Plan de Continuidad y Asistencia de Aprendizaje, haga clic aqui https://www.cde.ca.gov/re/lc/learningcontattendplan.asp enlace:
Información de fondo sobre el LCP Además, estaremos organizando una junta de Zoom Q & A el lunes 31 de agosto a las 3:00 pm para responder a cualquier pregunta que pueda tener con respecto a esta solicitud. La información del enlace está a continuación:
Unirse a Zoom Meeting https://zoom.us/j/92096987845
Gracias por su participación
Тема: Исследование непрерывности обучения и плана посещаемости
Дорогие семьи чартерной школы Lake View Charter School,
Чартерная школа Feather River надеется, что это послание найдет вас и вашу семью в добром здравии. В результате нынешней пандемии штат просит школы описать, как они удовлетворяют потребности учащихся, включая доступ к технологиям (будь то личное устройство или устройство, которое можно заказать через EOS). Ваш отзыв важен и поэтому мы будем очень признательны если вы заполните соответствующую анкету до 1 сентября 2020 г. Нажмите следующую гиперссылку, чтобы получить доступ к этой анкете: Family Survey
Для получения дополнительной информации о требованиях к плану непрерывности обучения и посещаемости щелкните следующую ссылку: Общая информация о LCP
Кроме того, в понедельник, 31 августа, в 14:30, мы проведем встречу вопросов и ответов по Zoom, чтобы ответить на любые ваши вопросы относительно этого запроса. Информация по ссылке ниже:
Присоединяйтесь к Zoom Meeting
Благодарим за Ваше участие!
August 17, 2020
Happy First Day of School! Although we are living in interesting times, we hope you are excited about embarking on a new learning adventure for the 2020-2021 school year! Your teachers have been busy preparing to support your family on this homeschool journey and are looking forward to being part of the educational path for each of your children. As a school, we place a high value on parent choice, the heart of homeschooling, and are dedicated to making sure that we are meeting the needs of your kids!
You have made this worthy and brave choice to homeschool your child in addition to supporting their mental, emotional, and physical well being. Hats off to you! We know that this is a calling and although rewarding, can also be challenging. We are here for you! All of our staff members are committed to providing you the support you need. Our school is dedicated to being innovative and constantly looking for ways to provide new and exciting opportunities for our families and listening and responding to parents. Remember that some days will go smoothly and others will leave you feeling defeated, but give yourself grace. Be patient and flexible, look for ways to adjust as needed, and use your community- reach out to your teacher for support, get involved in the Community Connections program, and talk to other homeschool parents. Know that at the end of the day you are your child’s biggest cheerleader, you know their hearts and minds best and every day is a new beginning. We are honored to partner with you, ready to support you and are cheering you on as you embark on this new year!
Happy First Day of School! We are so happy to have you as a student of Lake View Charter School and are excited for your homeschool journey this year. Your teacher is looking forward to meeting with you. Your parents have spent many hours preparing for a great year of learning and growing. There is much to explore, new things to learn, goals to reach, and fun experiences ahead. You have a bright future and the work you do today will help you as you move forward and aim high! Thank you for being an important part of our school community.
A few quick reminders:
- Each Wednesday, a weekly newsletter is sent out by our amazing family liaisons full of important information - please take time to read this each week
- Your HST is the best place to start with any questions or concerns
- Watch for an exciting new Family Resource Site coming soon!
- All emails sent out from the school are also posted on the Lake View Charter School website under “Updates” for your reference
Please take a moment to watch this welcome video from your Directors.
Thank you for choosing Lake View Charter School. We are honored to partner with you on your homeschool journey as you Soar to Excellence in 2020-2021!
All Our Best,
The North Leadership Team
August 12, 2020
Dear Families of Lake View Charter School,
We hope this message finds you and your family in good health. As a result of the current pandemic, the State is asking schools to describe how they are meeting student needs, including access to technology (whether a personal device or that which can be ordered via EOS).
Your feedback is important and we appreciate your willingness to complete a survey about this topic by August 18, 2020. Please click here to complete the survey.
For more information regarding the requirements for the Learning Continuity and Attendance Plan, please click here.
August 11, 2020
We have some updates to share with you as we prepare for the new school year, but we wanted to take a moment to acknowledge and address a few things. First, we are living in a challenging time and we understand every single person has been affected in some way. Although people say that this situation doesn’t affect homeschool families as much, we would beg to differ and know that not being able to meet in person, attend field trips, be part of classes, etc. has an enormous impact on you, your students and how you homeschool. We see that and feel the loss with you. Secondly, last year even before the pandemic, our group of schools started going through many changes as we became increasingly independent of the original “Inspire School”. This change brought with it many challenges logistically, financially, politically and emotionally that we are still working through. The encouraging piece throughout everything we have faced as a school community is the heart that has carried through. Our families and students are the heart of our group of schools. We are here for you, to partner with and serve you as you perform the most important job of raising and teaching your children. Although we have had to make tough decisions lately, please know that our team does not take any of these decisions lightly and are doing everything we can to make sure each school is around for a long time as a place for families to feel at home. The staff of our schools are the very best. They go above and beyond to support parent choice, individualized education and to continually find innovative ways to better serve kids. You will not find a better staff anywhere. We are committed to continually improve, grow and go above and beyond to support you in your homeschool journey.
Our staff has been preparing and are eager to begin the new school year with you on August 17. In an effort to keep our families informed, we have some important updates to share with you, our Lake View Charter School Community, with regard to in-person services and student planning funds.
In-Person Services: Our team had been working diligently over the past few months with legal counsel to facilitate in-person enrichment services during the various re-opening stages of counties during Covid-19. Last Monday, after we messaged out to families about resuming in-person enrichment services, the California Department of Public Health released the education waiver process. This information, along with lengthy conversations with legal counsel and school district leaders, and reviewing current County Health Departments guidelines, has solidified the need to pause all in-person services for the fall semester for the protection of all students, families, staff, and vendors.
Many of our valued vendors are already providing virtual services for our students; the schools will continue to process orders for these virtual services. Any enrichment orders for in-person products, services, or activities already entered will be cancelled and funds returned to student accounts.
Student planning amounts (enrichment funds) can not be used to pay for any in-person products or in-person services such as golf, horseback riding, tennis, fees and passes to museums, zoos, state parks, national parks, etc... We hope you understand these temporary measures are implemented for the safety of all to ensure the continued success of our school to be able to offer personalized learning for years to come.
The innovative and important programs offered through our schools and designed to support your students will be continuing in a virtual manner and our staff has worked hard to create exceptional experiences.
The following will be delivered virtually:
- Learning Period Meetings with your HST
- Community Connections Virtual Events
- Lending Library
- Transitional Support Packets
- Writing, Reading and Math Classes
- Parent Education Opportunities
- All Access Curriculum
- Junior High Virtual Academy
- High School Virtual Academy
Special Education related services will be handled on a case by case basis through our Special Education Department.
Please watch for weekly updates from our Community Connections teams, as they will continue to provide fun, creative, educational virtual activities and experiences for your students. Updates will be posted in the new Wednesday Weekly from our Family Liaisons.
Our team will continue to monitor this situation with state and local officials and will update staff and families regarding second semester as soon as more definitive information is available.
Multi-Year Planning Funds: Historically, student planning funds have been allowed to carry over from one school year to the next. Very recently, our local team became aware that the multi-year funding was never factored in as a carry over. In short, these carryover funds were not included in the budget and if they were all accessed at this time, it would put our school in a deficit and out of compliance with the state. This could jeopardize the school’s fiscal health and future. With the current adjustments to school funding from the state, this has put our schools in a challenging position. We were very disappointed to discover this because we know families plan on these funds to meet their students’ educational needs. As always, our program will continue to provide a complete academic curriculum and we are working with our board to develop a sustainable plan moving forward with multi-year planning funds.
Unfortunately, we will need to freeze the use of these funds for the first semester. You will NOT lose these funds--in the EOS they will now appear as a line item “2020 planning amount adjustment” that can be tracked in your account history instead of seeing it reflected in the balance. Due to new state rules, we expect that flexibility with new rollover funds may not be available moving forward, but will keep you updated.
We want to honor the commitment made to our returning families to keep their rollover funds. The fact that so many families are committed to Lake View Charter School should be acknowledged. We appreciate you. Although our budget does not allow us to release the rollover funds right away, we will monitor our budgets, payments from the state and SB-98 as we progress through the first semester, in hopes that we will be able to “unfreeze” a portion at the next funds drop.
Please work closely with your HST to determine the best course of action to take in ordering frugally for your student’s academic needs. Your teachers are ready to help!
Due to the uncertainty in all of our lives caused by the COVID pandemic, it is completely understandable that tensions are high. We understand that these issues greatly affect you and your students and we do not take decisions lightly. We are sorry to bring you this news. We want Lake View to weather these storms and come out stronger than before. As you speak with others and possibly visit social media, please remember to be kind and be the positive light to others. You are the experts and have so much to offer other families around you who may be teaching from home for the first time. Be a proud charter school family and help us move through this school year with grace, courage and a can-do focus. What a lesson you will teach your children!
The recent changes in our schools have piqued interest in the everchanging budget and operation of our school. We invite you to attend board meetings posted on the school website. We also took this opportunity to create a survey for you to fill out with questions you may have that we can answer with a FAQ sheet or in future communications. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to keep you informed and to serve you. We truly appreciate the outpouring of support and understanding during this uncertain time.
Stay healthy and keep growing.
With thoughtful consideration,
The North Leadership Team
July 29, 2020
Hello Lake View Charter School Families,
There are currently three vacancies on the Lake View Charter School Board and we are seeking individuals who might be interested in serving. The Board meets on a monthly basis and Board Members serve two-year terms.
The role of the Board of Directors is to ensure that the Charter School is responsive to the values, beliefs, and priorities of their community. The Board fulfills this role by performing five major responsibilities. These are setting the mission, vision, and strategic plan of the school; establishing an effective and efficient structure; providing support; ensuring accountability; and providing community leadership as advocates for children.
Board of Directors has legal and fiduciary responsibility for the Charter School. The fiduciary duties to the corporation consist of:
- Duty of Care - The Board makes policy to care for the nonprofit corporation;
- Duty to Provide Financial Oversight - The Board must ensure adherence to fiscal policies and sound financial management;
- Duty of Loyalty - The Board must make decisions that are in the best interest of the nonprofit corporation, and avoid conflicts of interest
The Board Approves and Oversees the following (not a comprehensive list):
- Annual Budget
- Major educational and operational policies
- Major contracts (leases, loans)
- Reviews and monitors financial policies and procedures, budget, and finances to inform and evaluate resource allocation
- Hires and evaluates the CEO
- Academic performance monitoring, including approval of the Local Control Accountability Plan and annual updates
- Charter performance and renewal
If you are interested in serving on the Lake View Charter School Board, please complete the linked Questionnaire by Friday, August 7, 2020. If you have previously expressed interest in serving on the Board, please be sure that your name and information are included in the above questionnaire. The Board has created an Adhoc committee who will be vetting and interviewing potential candidates with the goal of making a recommendation to the Board of Directors at the Regularly Scheduled Board Meeting on August 26, 2020.
Thank you in advance for your interest in helping to serve our school community.
July 28, 2020
As we approach the start of the new school year and continue to adjust and plan amidst the current challenges, we want to take a moment to thank you for your patience. We understand that there have been changes to what is usually expected as a homeschool family over the summer. The grace you have shown our staff is greatly appreciated, and we look forward to a fresh new year serving you. We take the health of our school very seriously. Our plans are long-term in an evolving, enduring partnership with you, our homeschool families.
One of the challenges we face with the passage of SB98 is the negative impact it has on the school budget. We had planned for growth to offset the rising costs of operating a school, and that can no longer happen. Lake View Charter School, along with all California public schools, are also expecting state funding deferrals in response to the economic impact from COVID. Although we do not usually send communication regarding upcoming items on the board meeting agendas, the administration felt it was prudent to share the proposed planning amount reduction in response to the budget issues. Lake View is being proactive and fiscally judicious in anticipation of state funding deferrals.
Lake View Charter School will have a board meeting on Wednesday, July 29 at 5pm. At the board meeting, administration will recommend an adjustment to the planning amounts for the coming school year. In order to continue to provide the best service and opportunities for all of our students, the recommendation is for a reduction in student planning amounts. We may have the opportunity to reinstate funds later on in the school year pending the state’s educational budget improvements. We remain committed to making sure each of our students has what he/she needs to support and reach their academic goals. We will keep a watchful eye and provide regular communication regarding state and federal legislative decisions.
- Proposed Funding amounts for the 2020-2021 school year:
- TK-6 $2,100
- 7-12 $2,500
- Proposed Multi-Year Planning Funds (formerly Rollover): For now, students will have the opportunity to access up to $1,000 per student of the previous years’ planning amounts. The entirety of any previous funding amounts per student will still be visible in the EOS.
- First and Second Funding Drops: First funding drop of $1,100 will occur on August 3. The second funding drop will occur in December.
Ordering for the 20-21 school year will begin August 3. Your teacher will be sending your Master Agreements to sign starting next week to confirm your enrollment and be able to process orders.
Please join us at the board meeting this week. The agendas and login information are listed in the chart below.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 912 0667 1638
Dial by your location
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
Meeting ID: 912 0667 1638
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/ay6xdHayr
Lake View Charter School Administration
July 23, 2020
Dear Families of Lake View Charter School,
Greetings from your school administrative team! We hope that this letter finds you enjoying summer break. We have been working diligently to adjust to the challenges posed by the state and the current pandemic. As we gear up to start the 2020-2021 school year, we’d like to update you on what to expect in the coming weeks.
- Planners - School year planners are set to arrive in August. Planners are provided at your request, at no cost. Your HST will reach out with you to coordinate a time to pick up your planner(s).
- Master Agreements - HSTs will send Master Agreements (MAs) in early August. Please be sure to sign promptly so that your fall orders can begin processing.
- Ordering - The Enrichment Department is busy processing and finalizing all outstanding 2019-2020 orders. Access to placing orders for the new 2020-2021 school year will begin August 3rd.
- All-Access Online Program (formerly OSP) - Carefully selected support curricula will be provided for all of our students. The All-Access Online Program replace prior years’ opt-in/opt-out offering and ensures that all students have access to these programs:
- TK-8- BrainPOP and Touch, Type, Read, Spell
- High School- Shmoop
- Excellent programs like Adobe Creative Cloud, ABC Mouse, Adventure Academy, My Math Academy and Prodigy will still be available to order through the EOS, with bulk pricing in an a la carte manner.
- Lending Library - We are still developing our plans to mobilize our extensive library resources so they can be available to our families. Stay tuned!
As you are probably aware, our charter schools in the north region are no longer run by or affiliated with Inspire Charter Schools. The school still contracts Inspire Charter Services/Provenance as one of its back-office providers. Each individual charter serves its own local counties and has its own leadership and board members making decisions. Even though we are individually Lake View Charter School, we continue to work together as a family to the benefit of students in all of our schools. Our heart for homeschooling and family choice stays steadfast and we continue to be honored to serve you, especially during this time of world crisis when our school model excels in serving students needing to learn at a distance. The relationships we’ve built and the programs we’ve put in place remain the same.
We welcome and encourage family participation on our school boards. We need you! We love having parents attend board meetings to stay abreast of school governance. Information about upcoming board meetings can always be found on the school website. Currently, all meetings are held via Zoom, so your participation is just a click away. We are also seeking people willing to serve on our board to give a voice to the needs and concerns of our families. An email will be sent soon if you are interested in serving as a board member.
We are excited to start the new school year afresh, and are ready to serve you with the warm support and devotion we’ve shared in years past. If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to your teacher or anyone on our administrative team. We are honored to share the homeschool journey with you and we look forward to “Soaring to Excellence” together in the 2020-2021 school year. More updated information to come soon!
Your Admin Team
COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Updates
March 19, 2020
COVID-19 has dramatically altered life for all of us in California. During this time of crisis, it is our top priority to keep our students, staff, and family members safe. In response to recent guidance from the Governor, the California Department of Education, health officials and school boards, we have determined that a temporary COVID-19 closure of our schools is necessary from March 20, 2020, through April 20, 2020. This closure includes Clarksville, Cottonwood, Feather River, Winship, and Lake View Charter Schools.
A temporary COVID-19 school closure provides the flexibility necessary to address school-provided services and extenuating circumstances for students, families, and staff, as we manage illness, navigate changed households, and face other challenges that may arise. Despite the closure, our unique educational model allows us to continue partnering with parents to support student learning.
Teachers will continue to provide support for families during this temporary closure. We will work with all families to flexibly provide support where needed. Our teachers will check in with you regularly (no in-person meetings) to offer support and provide resources necessary for you and your students as you continue in your learning plans to the best of your ability during this unprecedented time.
- Enrichment Ordering:
- Product orders will continue to be processed when approved by HST
- Service orders will be approved for virtual services ONLY. No service certificates for in-person activities or services will be approved at this time.
- Order requests for activities that require travel are prohibited until further notice (family-led trips or tours, for example, in accordance with state guidelines)
- Field trips are currently canceled or postponed during school closure. Many amazing virtual field trips are available on our School at Home site
- Curriculum orders and subscriptions will continue to be processed
- Special Education Department: case managers will be reaching out directly via email to parents with more information and support
- High School: We are working closely with the state to ensure that all high schoolers will earn credits for courses in progress.
- Students enrolled in online high school courses (CPA, Edgenuity, etc.) will receive additional information and updates following each class and as necessary
- Pending Federal approval, all mandated state testing will be waived for California this year (CAASPP, ELPAC, PFT)
During the closure, we are continuing to plan and prepare for the 2020-2021 school year:
- Intent to re-enroll email and form will be coming soon - watch your email listed in Pathways.
- New student open enrollment begins on Monday, March 23rd and will continue through April 30th. Tell your friends!
Our hearts are with you, our families, wishing for your health and well-being during this unprecedented time. We look forward to returning to our regular routines, and times ahead when we can offer our support to you in person. In the event that we need to extend the temporary closure past April 20, 2020, we will communicate with staff and families. Thank you for your grace, patience, and partnership.
March 11, 2020
Dear Families and Staff:
In recent news, you may have heard how other districts in the area are taking action in response to the COVID-19. Our administration and staff recognize the questions and concerns that have arisen due to the fluid COVID-19 situation and how this could affect our North family of schools, students, staff and families. Fortunately, our students have the ability to participate in their education remotely while being fully engaged and can remain free of large gathering places, if they so choose.
As an administrative team, we have made the following decisions regarding our school activities:
- All meetings between HST’s and families will be virtual through Spring Break.
- We are not directing families and/or vendors to cease classes and activities; we will leave that decision up to the discretion of the vendor and family.
- We are working to determine which Community Connections events can continue as planned.
- Mobile Library activities will be paused through Spring Break.
- Field trips: We are working to determine which field trips will continue as planned. We will provide regular updates as soon as they become available. Please wait to be contacted by the Field Trip Coordinator on the status of specific field trips.
- Starting tomorrow, March 12th, the PFT - Group Physical Fitness Testing (5th, 7th, and 9th grade only) will be paused until further notice. We will be sending out instructions on how to proceed.
- We will continue to monitor state testing requirements and communicate the most up-to-date information as we receive it.
We are in communication with our authorizers and public health officials in order to monitor the situation closely and will follow all guidance from public health officials as it relates to protecting the health and safety of our students, our employees, and our community. Of course, the situation is fluid, and our administration will respond immediately, should the recommendations of public health officials change.
Our team will also continue to communicate the practical measures advised by county and state health officials in helping to combat the spread of this virus.
- Frequent handwashing for students and staff
- Frequent and deep sanitizing of surfaces touched at school events such as testing, field trips, and Community Connections events
- Advising anyone who is ill to stay home and not return until they have been fever-free--without medication--for at least 24 hours
If new guidance is issued by state and federal officials, our North family of schools will communicate the information to you and act on it immediately. We will keep you notified of any changes to planned events or activities as quickly as possible. The focus is to keep our students, families, and staff updated on our response and action to this challenge. Emails will be sent and school websites will be updated.
Please rest assured that the well-being, health, and safety of our students, families, and staff remains our top priority.
If you have questions, please feel free to email me directly.
March 6, 2020
We are continuing to closely monitor the coronavirus (now named COVID-19) situation in Northern California. We understand that with the strong media coverage, anxieties are heightened and you may have questions.
We want to assure you that every precaution is being taken to ensure the health and safety of you, our students and staff. As we continue to monitor the situation, we would like to provide current information about precautions and preparations we are taking as a family of schools in Northern California.
As always, the safety and wellness of our students and staff is a priority. We will be monitoring new developments and will continue to reevaluate our steps and actions.
Thank you for your cooperation and support in helping us to maintain healthy and safe learning environments. Any official updates will be posted on our school websites.
What Are We Doing Now?
We are closely monitoring the California Department of Health Care Services, the California Department of Public Health - as well as the California Department of Education (CDE) for ongoing information, guidance, and coordination. We will continue to follow their expert recommendations.
Testing: Any site where students gather in groups (testing sites) will be cleaned utilizing EPA-recommended cleaning solutions, methods, and devices. That list can be viewed here.
While public health officials say that there is no need to alter current routines, we are open to alternatives to in-person HST meetings, should that become a necessity.
What Can You Do?
Our team has received CDC recommended strategies for staying healthy during cold and flu season which are:
- Handwashing remains our No. 1 defense against illness. Please wash hands often with soap and water. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- If children are not feeling well, or exhibiting signs of illness at an event or on a field trip, have them check in with an HST. We will notify parents immediately.
- Communicate all health concerns with your physician.
- If employees or children have a fever, please stay home until you are fever-free for 24 hours without medication.
- The CDC does not recommend the use of face masks among healthy individuals, however, it is important that anyone wearing a mask be treated with respect and not fear. N95 respirator masks are not designed for and should not be worn by children.
For general questions about COVID-19 and precautions currently recommended by local counties, please visit the CDC website.
This is an evolving situation and we will update you regularly with important information and instructions. The safety and wellness of our students, staff, and families is our top priority. Unless otherwise informed, please plan for all regular school activities as scheduled.
Thank you for partnering with us.